Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update on the girls and mom


Here is a picture of my belly at 34 weeks and 1 day.
I survived my 24 hour urine collection and fasting blood draw (it's so cruel to make a very pregnant woman fast for any amount of time). Went back to see my OB today and the urine and blood work look great. They don't have the evidence they need to diagnose preeclampsia, but the doctor is still concerned. My blood pressure was down today (128/80) so that is a big improvement. The babies heartbeats sound good at 151 and 152 bpm. My doctor wants me to repeat the 24 hour urine collection and blood work on Monday and see him Tuesday afternoon. He said he's planning on taking the babies as soon as it's safe for them which he said would be 37 weeks (July 14th!!!). So no date for sure yet, but a good idea. For now I am on strict, total bedrest with bathroom privileges. That's ok, that's all I feel like doing now that I am so big and probably have over 10lbs of baby in my tummy.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Beth, Wow, you look great! I was bigger than you and I only had one baby. I gained 65 lbs on my first pregnancy.
Jerry said "Hello" unfortunately he is in Afghanistan. Please keep him in your prayers.
I will be out of town from June 30 to July 8. Hopefully the girls will wait until the 14th to make their arrival. I will keep you all in my prayers. Love, Tami

Unknown said...

wow! you are a trooper girl...i'm kinda bummed i didn't find your blog sooner!
i'm so glad everything came back okay the other day. call me if you need anything 'cause, well, you know, i'm not working right now!
love,
sharon