Wednesday, June 11, 2008

32 Week appointment with OB

So I went in to see my OB today. I look forward to these appointments so much. It's fun to get to talk about the babies and being pregnant! My blood pressure was good, my urine looks good, I gained 4.5 pounds in the past 2 weeks, and the babies' heartbeats sound good. From where the nurse heard the heartbeats she said they might still both be head down. I can't tell?!?!?! We'll see Monday after we have another sonogram with my peri. My belly measured 39 weeks today even though I'm only 32. That's twins for ya. So far it was all good news. I asked about my OB's philosophy on inductions and he said especially for twins he was a fan of inductions by about 38 weeks as long as there is some thinning of the cervix. He even hinted at possibly inducing before 38 weeks. YAY! I'm not sure I could take going any longer than 38 weeks. Hopefully I won't jinx myself by saying that. I go back in to see him in 2 weeks.

It's been way hot here lately. Most of the days we hit 100 or go over 100. I've gone to the pool some, but mainly try to stay in during the heat of the day. The heat doesn't help with my swelling either. My only defense is airconditioning and water, water, water. Oh, and my naps. Off to a nap right now!

No comments: