Monday, June 16, 2008

33 week appointment with perinatologist

Well, Thomas and I went to our 33 week appointment with our perinatologist (high risk pregnancy doctor) this morning. They do our indepth sonograms, track their growth, track their amniotic fluid, and assess all their functions. The girls look great. I cannot believe how big they are. Twin A (closer to cervix) is on my left and head down. She weighs 4 lbs 10oz. Everything looks great on her. Twin B is on my right head down also (yay!). She weighs 4lbs 8oz. Everything also looks great on her. I actually lost 4.5 pounds from last Wednesday. I don't know if it is water weight or if I just had a big lunch last week???!?! My hands and feet are getting a little deformed looking with all the swelling. What a cruel trick to have one of the hottest summers on record and be pregnant with twins! Thomas and I made it to the pool yesterday and that was so nice. I think I'll drag my mom to the pool tomorrow. Ok back to the appointment...my blood pressure is good (117/74) and no other complications. I am feeling more braxton hicks contractions, but the doctor said they are nothing to worry about unless my water breaks or I cannot breathe through them. I go back to see them in 4 weeks when I'll be 37 weeks, but they didn't think I'd make it that far. 50% of twins are born before 37 weeks. We'll see.

We get to meet our pediatrician tomorrow night and I'll update after the meeting. I'm anxious to meet him. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

The Blagraves said...

I am so glad you are doing so well! I'll be praying that you survive the heat the next couple of weeks! I can't wait to meet them!
Susan