Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nesting

Woke up today not feeling quite right. Lazy on couch until Thomas came home for lunch. Complained to poor Thomas about how messy things were in the house and he said he'd clean for me this afternoon. After he left for lunch I thought, hmm I'll just pick up a few things. Well, I changed the sheets in the guest bedroom (we had a visitor on Friday night), cleaned out the drawers in our bathroom and vacuumed out all the hair and dust, organized under the sink, changed decorations around the house to 4th of July stuff, put away some more baby clothes, cleaned the kitchen counters, cleaned the laundry room, picked up the living and dining rooms, had a snack for more energy, hot glued some decorations back on the front of one of our baby books that fell off, cleaned off piano, went through old magazines to trash, and am finally back on the couch. Thomas called and asked what I was up to. I had to admit I was nesting which doesn't make him too happy because he knows I'm supposed to be taking it easy. Sometimes I just can't help it.

Don't worry, I've had a few bouts of nesting and it never has led to any signs of labor so for those of you who think I might be delivering soon...I hope not! I want at least a few more weeks with the girls inside. For my own goal I'd like to get to 36.5 weeks. I feel like we would be able to avoid the NICU at that point.

We also met with our pediatrician last night. Dr. Watson. We had to wait a little bit in the waiting room, but what can you expect. On a bathroom run I actually ran into him and he appologized that we had to wait and promised he'd be with us soon. At least he acknowledged it. Dr. Watson comes very highly recommended, but we always get the disclaimer from people that he's an amazing doctor, but is hard on the parents. We take it that he just tells you what you're doing right and wrong without sugar coating it too much and some people get offended or take it personally. As far as we are concerned, we want him to just come out and say whatever he is thinking. He's the doctor after all. We also got the comments "Isn't he retired?" We were expecting a 75 year old man...not at all he's 58. People love to talk in Midland. We had a great meeting with him. He spoke with us for about an hour and answered all our questions, told us about his training, his plans for the future (not to retire for at least 10 years and add more ped.s to his practice), who is on call for him, how to get a hold of someone after hours, etc. After we left we were both very pleased with our decision of having him as our pediatrician. He was very personable and even quite funny. I think he will fit our needs with the girls great.

3 comments:

The Blagraves said...

I, for one, am so excited that you have chosen Dr. Watson. We have been with him for 14 years and we have had nothing but the best care from him. He does tell you like it is but I am paying him to take care of my kids and not me. He is very particular about who takes call for him and he wants to know if you ever have to go to the ER. He has met us there several times before the ER doctor ever got there. You will have to wait some but I think it is worth the wait!!

Unknown said...

Dr. Watson was my doctor!! He super nice!

Unknown said...

Dr. Watson was my doctor!! He super nice!