Friday, May 30, 2008

30 week appointment with OB

Tuesday this week (27th) I had my 30 week appointment with my OB. These appointments basically serve to check up on my vitals and get the baby's heartbeats. I have gained 6 pounds in the past two week. EEEeeek! So far I've gained 29 pounds. Initially my doctor said to expect 40 - 45 pounds of weight gain. I think I will reach that after all. My bp was 120 / 74. It had been high the last few weeks I was working, but it has come down since I've been on modified bed rest. The babies heart beats were 154 and 152 bpm. Doctor said everything is looking great. He was glad to hear that they were both head down at my last peri (perinatologist) appointment. I go again for another growth sonogram at 33 weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are both head down at that point as well. My OB says unless they are both head down at time of delivery that we'll do c-section. OB said to expect to feel more contractions, which have started as of last Thursday. Not so much fun. I go back to see my OB in two weeks. No update on when the babies will come. It's still a wait and see game. I seem to be doing so well I feel like I may have babies for another 10 weeks. I can't imagine carrying babies that are much bigger than they are already. I'm still cheering for 6 - 8 more weeks. I've started thinking about getting my hospital bag ready in the near future b/c you never know. I have a friend who is also carrying twin girls and she's been in the hospital recently for contractions. I hope we both hold out for at least a little bit longer. I don't want NICU babies if I can avoid it.

No comments: