Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm a newbie


My aunt Judi has encouraged me to start my blog and I finally sat down to figure it out. I have a little extra time on my hands now that my doctor has put me on modified bed rest this week. I am enjoying it and can't imagine how I was able to work all day long without my 3 hour nap I've come accustomed to. I'd also like to introduce my pregnant belly and the passengers of the pregnant belly. Leila Grace and Alice Katherine are due on 8/4/08, but will probably come a bit sooner than that. I'm about 26 weeks in this picture. So far so good with the pregnancy. Thomas and I found out we were pregnant the Sunday after Thanksgiving and have been loving every second of the pregnancy since then. We couldn't wait for our first prenatal appointment at about 8.5 weeks when our doctor informed us he'd like us to come back the next week for a sonogram to see how many babies are in there. We thought he just said that to everyone....apparently not. Our sonogram at 9.5 weeks revealed two babies. I don't know how we didn't faint. He sent us for specialty care since multiples are high risk. We went for a sonogram at our perinatologists that next week at 10.5 weeks again confirmed the twin pregnancy. I'll get around to scanning the sonogram pictures soon for all to see. We've enjoyed getting frequent sonograms and checking up on the girls. Since then, all tests we've taken have come back normal for everything and we can't believe how well it's all gone. Thanks for reading my first blog. More to come!


1 comment:

Tami said...

Hi Beth, I finally had time to sit down and view your blog. The girls room is beautiful. I love the quilted flower wall-hanging. I'm glad that all is going well. I will keep you in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I'm on summer break now! YEA!!! Tami