Monday, May 26, 2008

Sitting on the couch watching Thomas clean

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my bed rest and my body tells me I need it everytime I get up for more than 15 minutes, but it's hard watching Thomas do ALL the housework and work full time. He doesn't complain and is happy to do so, but I kinda enjoy the housework (it's in writing now, I can't deny I ever said that). I miss it, and am sure I'll get back to it soon.

This past week I had a baby shower from one of my elementary campuses that I've worked at for the past two years. All the ladies at Rusk Elementary are so much fun and very generous. We got some adorable outfits, baby toys, feeding supplies, DIAPERS!!!!, gift cards, wipes, socks, towels, etc. We have been so fortunate to have so much support. That was my 4th baby shower (each of my elementary schools gave me one, my sister in law and some family/friends gave me one, and my fellow speech language pathologists gave me one). We feel like we have some great stuff to help us out when the babies come and hopefully will make the transition a little bit easier. I know I've sent out thank you notes, but THANK YOU all again.

I had doctors appointments two weeks ago (May 13th with OB and May 14th with perinatologist for sonogram). They both went well. At the OB office, they heard the girls' heartbeats (154bpm and 152bpm), measured my belly (I measured 33 weeks at 28 weeks), took my bp, temp, etc. OB said to expect to start feeling more contractions. I'll be back to visit him on May 27th. The peri appointments are always fun because we get to see out baby girls. I cannot lay on my back at all due to all the weight so I have to flip and flop from right side to left side. The girls looked HUGE. They were both head down which was a first. I might be able to forego a C-section...we'll see. Twin A weighed 2lbs 11 oz and Twin B weighed 2lbs 9 oz. They are growing well. I'll see my peri again on June 16th.

Still working on getting those sonogram pictures scanned in... keep posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute are you!! So excited for you guys!!

judi said...

So glad to see you started your blog-great job. Loved the pics. You look beautiful. Uncle Mike blew about the sex of Chad's baby-said he didn't know it was a surprise but Uncle Steve still doesn't know your twins are girls. He thinks one is a boy:)! Love, Aunt Judi