Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We have a date!!!!!!!!!

It's true! We have a date for induction. How exciting! I had my 36 week 1 day appointment today. I gained 5 pounds from last week (wow, some of it is swelling though). I am now officially up to 45 pounds. My knees feel it! My blood pressure was ok today, but a little higher than it's been the past few weeks. Still no other signs of preeclampsia, but my OB is worried that it will turn into that quickly. He's gonna start checking me more often for blood pressure just to keep on the up and up with it. I'm still on bed rest until delivery so no shopping at the mall (I'm so disappointed....not). Well, on to the big day....we'll let you all know when it happens, but I'm not going to make it public in order to limit hospital visits. I think we'll have our hands full just trying to figure out what you do with babies and might want all the rest we can get. I'll say it's not soon enough, but at least it's a date that I can look forward to. We go back to see our OB on Monday and hopefully all will still be on track at that time. He can't change his mind at this point can he? I was prepared to beg or bribe him today if he didn't give me a date.... so I got to keep my dignity.

On to the babies, their heartbeats sounded good, we did a quick sonogram and they are both still head down. Their heads are at the same level in my hips which explains why my pelvis feels like it is going to split in half (two heads down there!!! ahhhh). He did another internal exam and I'm still just 1 cm dilated, but the heads had dropped a bit.

I've been feeling ok, since Friday, the 4th I have felt a little off. I just cannot get comfortable no matter what. I can hardly make it through a shower at this point b/c I can't stand for any longer than 5 minutes without excruciating back pain. I can't do baths b/c I can't get in and out of the bath..... Big bellies make life interesting. My mom came over today and put some shelf paper on some of the kitchen cabinets so we can have a place to keep bottles and baby accouterments.

I go in Friday to get my blood pressure checked and then again on Monday. Keep you all updated!!!! Thanks for reading.

No comments: